Saturday, April 16, 2011

Non Fat Milk…Round Two


I have come to the conclusion that milk may have different tastes depending on the butterfat. I believe the breed may also be a factor and the feed, however, of the 5 no fat milks I have tried, there is very little perceptible difference. Today I tried Lucerne milk from Safeway and their house brand O Organics. I used the Trader Joe’s brand as a comparison to the first 3 tested. Except for the O Organic milk which holds a bubble longer, there was no taste difference. I’m off to find Berkeley Farms and Clover as they are two local brands that I have always liked. I hope to find a difference with a higher quality, less generic milk. I also have a vague recollection of loving Strauss non fat milk, but perhaps it was the nostalgia of drinking milk straight from the bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment