Friday, April 15, 2011

Non Fat Milk
















The results of this test came as a complete surprise to me. For years I have sworn that some skim milk tastes richer than others, and looks richer too. As you can tell by the photo, all three brands tested do not have that blue ring we normally associate with non fat milk, nor the translucency. Going back and forth with sips, taking water in between to cleanse my palate, the only difference I discovered was that the brand on the left from Lucky Supermarket lacked a very slight sweetness that the Trader Joe's fat free milk had and it tasted identical to the TJ's Organic Fat Free Milk. It seems that organic feed and lack of hormones and whatever else they subject the herds to, does not make a difference in taste. This experience compels me to try other brands trying to find one that stands out in flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment